How do I get a copy of my decree absolute?

You should have received from the Court a copy of your Decree Absolute at the time you were divorced.   If you have not received this you should check whether the Decree Absolute has actually been issued. What is a Decree
Posted in

How much maintenance should I pay for one child?

How much child maintenance should I pay for one child? Child maintenance is now collected by the Child Maintenance Services (CMS) but some of the old cases are still dealt with by the CSA for cases that were opened before
Posted in

How to obtain parental responsibility?

There are a number of different ways you can obtain Parental Responsibility for a child and a number of different people can obtain parental responsibility. It is necessary to consider the relationship of the parents when looking at how the non
Posted in

How To Divide Assets in a UK Divorce

In the UK the starting point for dividing the assets in divorce are 50/50. However the financial settlement will usually be different in each case as it depends on the parties circumstances and their needs when it comes to deciding
Posted in

How to petition for divorce?

First you must have been married for a year before the date of your Petition for a divorce. You will not be able to do so until that time although you can rely on any issues that have happened in
Posted in

How to divorce in the UK?

If you want to find out how to divorce in the UK, it is necessary to prove that the marriage has irretrievably broken down.  BUT before you can do that it may be necessary to consider whether you are entitled
Posted in


We can help.

Bristol local rate: 0333 320 8600 for a no obligation chat or leave your details below and we'll get back to you.

Ask us a question